The Movement offers both free HIV and STI testing during our weekly testing hours, or by appointment.
Our rapid tests options are HIV, syphilis, and hepatitis C. Rapid tests are 20 minutes max and you will receive your result the same day. All rapid tests are available for the public.
Other STI tests, such as chlamydia and gonorrhea, are only available for gay, bisexual, queer-identified men and transgender individuals. You will receive the result for these two tests within 10-14 days.
If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment, please call us at 504-267-4288.
Drop in Lounge
1631 Elysian Fields Ave, New Orleans, LA 70117
Wellness Center, by appointment only:
Gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis, hepatitis C, and HIV screening for gay, bisexual, and queer-identified men and transgender individuals
Outreach Venue Testing:
The Movement provides free HIV testing at several locations around the city. Testing is conveniently available at different time frames (including late hours) and in a non-clinical setting. Call 504-607-2490 for more information.
- The Page: Once a month on Friday from 12am-2am | 542 N. Rampart NOLA 70112
- III Palms Bar and Grill: Every third Wednesday 6-9 pm | 3818 Tulane Ave NOLA 70119
- LGBTQ Center: Every 1st and 3rd week | | 2727 S Broad Ave, New Orleans, LA 70125
- The Drop: Event Monday 2-6 pm | 1631 Elysian Fields Ave, New Orleans, LA 70117
- Southern Dynasty Review: Once a month on Thursday from 9-1am | 5732 Salmen St., Elmwood, LA 70123
Other Common Sites:
- Dillard University
- Southern University at New Orleans (SUNO)
- University of New Orleans (UNO)
- Xavier University
NOTE: Venue-based testing is subject to change and/or cancellation depending on holidays or events at the bars. For an exact date of when we’re scheduled to be at one of the above venues, please call us at 504-607-2490 or check out our calendar.